Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Caroline Olson, P.A. Results Driven Legal Representation
  • Call Today
  • ~
  • For A Free Case Analysis

Jupiter Modification & Enforcement Lawyer

When You Need Your Divorce Attorney– After Divorce

It can be expected that children’s needs will change as they grow. They can switch schools, develop new interests or form a stronger bond with one parent or the other at different stages of life. These changes can be anticipated and handled in the parenting plan at the outset. To modify the parenting plan or timesharing arrangement, a parent needs to show a substantial, material, and unanticipated change in circumstances. Additionally, the judge will also have to determine the modification is in the child’s best interests. Our Jupiter and Boca Raton family law attorney can help you negotiate or mediate an agreement with your co-parent that addresses a proposed modification in a practical manner. If the matter is contested, we are strong advocates for you in court, whether you are the party seeking or opposing a child custody modification.

Modification of Alimony or Child Support

Examples of situations which might qualify for a modification of child or spousal support include:

  • The party receiving support gets married or moves in with a partner who provides support
  • The paying party experiences a job loss
  • A party contracts an illness which prevents the party from working or parenting
  • Another child is born or adopted
  • A child experiences additional educational or health care needs
  • A change in the custody/timesharing arrangement

Not all alimony is modifiable, and every type of alimony has its own modification rules. See our page on alimony for more information about these different kinds of alimony.

Parental Relocation and Custody Modifications

Perhaps a parent needs to move to take a new job or merely to make a fresh start. Any change in the principal place of residence that is more than 50 miles away and lasts for 60 consecutive days or more is a relocation, and it cannot be done without the agreement of the other parent or the approval of the court. If the relocation is contested and has to be litigated, the judge will look at a number of factors to decide whether the move is in the best interests of the child. Whether submitting an agreement to the judge for approval or taking the case to court, a potential relocation has to include details about the move and a revised timesharing agreement.

Enforcement of Court Orders for Custody, Support

Orders regarding parenting and timesharing, child support and alimony are enforceable court orders. If your former spouse is not complying with parenting or timesharing or is failing to pay support on time or at all, we can take your matter before the judge to get those orders enforced. The court can hold the offending party in contempt, subjecting them to fines or even jail if they don’t comply. The court also has many tools available to make sure you get child support, including garnishing the amount of support from the payor’s paycheck, placing liens on the payor’s property, or taking away the payor’s driver’s license for anything other than getting to and from work.

Call Our Jupiter and Boca Raton Family Law Firm for Help with Post-Divorce Modification and Enforcement

For help with modification or enforcement of custody or support after a Florida divorce in Palm Beach or Broward County, call Caroline Olson, P.A., at our offices in Jupiter or Boca Raton. Call 561-288-0548 for a free, initial consultation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation